The Essendon Symphony is looking to appoint an Assistant conductor for the remainder of 2023.
This is a voluntary position.
- To prepare for and conduct rehearsals, or part of rehearsals when requested.
- To assist with selection of appropriate music
- Assist with the continued improvement in standard of performance.
- Encourage individual musical improvement.
- Conduct pieces in concert in consultation with the Musical Director
- Assist with sectionals as required.
- Play in the orchestra when not conducting (if feasible)
- Demonstrated skills and study in conducting
- Proven rehearsal skills
- In-depth knowledge of classical music and orchestral traditions
- Ability to relate to adult, community musicians.
- Eagerness to be involved with the Essendon Symphony
- Ability to work with Musical Director
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Include any video links or web links of previous work (not essential)
Applications close: 30.4.23